Friday, March 6, 2009

Free Topic


Lets see.....what do I want to talk about? I guess I can start by telling a little bit about the hobbies I am trying hard to develop. This summer I decided that I should learn how to cook. It started out with a goal of one new thing every week. That goal lasted for most of the summer, however, now I have not kept up with it. I did learn how to make a New York Cheesecake that everyone seems to like. There is a lot of stuff that goes into making one. I never realized how long it takes. I also learned how to make my own pizza crust, cinnamon raisin bread, cinnamon rolls, and oatmeal raisin cookies. The only thing I thought that was good was the cinnamon rolls and pizza crust....everything else was given to other people who liked it. So I think I can bake....my next challenge was learning how to actually cook. I attempted to cook homemade fries and that was a huge disaster. I also attempted steaks and baked potatoes....also another disaster. I have learned to make a good bar-b-que chicken sandwich and unfortunately that is about the extent of it. I guess I should pick up the hobby of cooking again and try to improve. So if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Life over the past few weeks. School has been very busy the last few weeks. We had TAKs tests last week. (Not one of my favorite things to do) We have one more week until Spring break and I think we are all ready for it. We have begun to learn about Africa and we are having our first socratic seminar over Rwanda next Thursday. The students began reading the articles today and will watch the video Ghosts of Rwanda next week in class. I have to brag about my students because they always impress me when it comes to Socratic Seminars. I can't wait until next week to see what they have to say about Rwanda.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

BETTER THING TO TALK ABOUTTTT!
HOW INSANELY AMAZING YOU THINK I AM!
DUH