Well it is that time again..... Summer flew by and now I am back at school ready for another year at Anderson High School. I have a great new group of freshmen students that are ready to start blogging and meeting new students from South Korea, Australia, and California. It has been a really long week so far. It is always hard to start back to school and adjust to getting up earlier and having to teach again. I think the students are feeling it too. Usually by 8th period they are very loud and talkative. This week by the time 7th period arrives the students and myself all look like we are ready for a nap.
I will start by telling a little bit about what I did over my summer vacation. I worked a lot during vacation but I did manage a few short trips to Jacksonville, Florida and back home to Missouri. A friend of mine from Missouri was moving to Jacksonville and wondered if I could drive his car down for him while he drove the moving truck. So my sister and I flew to St. Louis arriving after 11:00 pm because of flight delays. The next morning we were up and ready to go at 6:00 am and started out on our adventure. Thirty minutes later and in Illinois the car broke down and we spent the next 2 1/2 hours on the side of the highway waiting for a tow truck and highway patrol. But they finally arrived and after 4 hours we were finally on the road again. We decided that we would take our time and enjoy our trip since we had already had such bad luck. We noticed a sign for a huge Superman statue in Metropolis, IL where the original Superman series was filmed. Of course we had to stop and have our photo taken. The other photos that I have included are from my adventures in Florida and the road trip getting there. The following week I was back on the road again heading to Missouri to visit family. While I was back home the Missouri State Fair was going on so of course I had to go. I've also included pictures from my Missouri trip as well.
I have a feeling that this is going to be a great year in room 241 at Anderson High School.
Woodworking Classes For Kids
7 years ago
2 comments:
Hello Rachel ^^ This is going to be an exciting semester!
Hello Rachel
I am Anne, the Australian teacher whose students are sharing blogs with you. We have found this such an exciting experience and my students have learned so much about your students way of life. So thank you for working with us. We have finally caught up with our posts, but our internet has been down a lot and we have had trouble with our edublogs (globalstudent). Anyway look forward to further communications.
Post a Comment